Monday, November 5, 2007

New accounts

I had a pretty eventful weekend. Saturday was my birthday so I decided to celebrate it by cleaning my first fleece! I went over to Jill's and we started scouring my Pygora fleece from OFFF. We tried a few different cleansers, but went with the Orvus paste. It seemed to work better than Dawn. At the end of the day I had a bag of slightly damp, mostly clean Pygora fiber. Pretty exciting. I then went out for dinner with a few friends (at Mishima my favorite!). Sunday I went to Santa Anita for Oak Tree horse racing. It was my first time. It was pretty cool, but I didn't win any bets and there was a lot of downtime. But the people I went with wouldn't have appreciated me knitting there. It just seems so anti-social sometimes.

Jill and I also started a new joint blog! It's over here. I've got big plans for it blowing up all crazy and then we'll get famous and get a book deal. For now we'll aim at posting semi-regularly. I guess I'll still keep this one, because I like it, and see how it goes from there.

I also just got my invitation to Ravelry last week. My ravelry name is: nodice. I've been pretty lazy so far about uploading pictures and everything, but I'll try to do it soon.

I've been working pretty hard on the Cedar Dancing socks from the Cat Bordhi book, and should finish the first one tonight. Then maybe onto some holiday knitting. I also almost finished plying some superwash wool 3-ply yarn. I didn't plan ahead, so now have 1/2 oz of singles. I guess I'll have to try Navajo plying, but I don't feel confident about it!

That's it for now, more later!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Happy belated Birthday! Glad that you had fun!